November 2, 2015

Is there a doctor in the house?

     Did you miss me?  I'm done with grad school now, and stand a chance of actually having some sewing time again.  In the very short term future there won't be much, because I only have one week from defense to moving day, and there's a lot of paperwork and things that need to be done that come before sewing.

However, the most exciting thing about my new apartment in Pittsburgh is that we will have so much more space!  I can have a whole closet for fabric, and most of a room for sewing things!  So I'm sure a bit of setup will be in order, but then there might even be some actual progress before I start my new job.  (Because setting up the sewing room totally take predence over things like having any seating in the living room....jeez)

Even once I start, I'll be working basically a 40-hour workweek.  I'll have actual weekends.  To put this in perspective, I hadn't actually taken even a single day completely off in probably 3 months before my defense, and had to work Saturdays as a normal 12 hour workday before then.  In other words, it's going to seem like a whole new world of free time.  While I know that starting a new job will take a lot of getting used to and reading outside of work hours to make sure I'm up to speed, I simply refuse to believe that I won't be able to make ANY time for sewing.


So...yeah.  Just wanted to drop by and say I'M A DOCTOR AND I'M DONE WITH GRAD SCHOOL!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment