October 28, 2013

Doing the smart thing.

This is just a quick one, guys.

Life is getting fast up in here.  Within about a year and a half, I'll hopefully be graduating with my Ph.D., which means now is crunch time.

Crunch time means maybe enough time for sewing, but definitely not enough time for blogging.

For now.

Thank you to everyone who has read or commented on anything I've put up here over the last few years, and you're really the only reason I'm announcing this "indefinite hiatus" as opposed to just letting things fade into oblivion.  Hopefully a little bit of the time I'll save can be devoted to commenting more, and keeping up with all of you, instead of stressing out about what I'm going to post when I have nothing to show.

Yes, I know there are people who only post once a month and are perfectly happy with that.  I'm finding I'm not one of them.  Maybe I'll be able to get back to it and really dig my teeth in down the line, but when I know that this blank white space is up here and unfilled, it's a nagging voice at the back of my head that I really don't need right now.

My sanity thanks you.

I'll still keep up on Craftster (fishstix43, hit me up with a PM) and the email address associated with this blog will still forward to my inbox, if you want to get a hold of me.

But for now, I'm out, yo.  Peace. :)

1 comment:

  1. Life gets busy and having seen a few friends go through the PhD program, I get how much of a crunch it is. It's good to put out an email like this just so people know that it's life getting in the way and you're doing okay. See you on the flip side! ;)

    ReplyDelete