So since the last time I've posted, here's what went down:
- 2 weddings
- 4 glorious days of GenCon
- Presenting my work at the American Chemical Society national meeting
- One department picnic successfully organized
- Made a game-winning play in said department picnic softball tournament
- Surprised my 4-year-old niece at school
- Met my now 4-week-old niece!
Moving forward, I am also going to try really hard to only keep one project on the go at any given time. At work, I am constantly saying how I have to keep my lab bench organized and everything well-labeled because I am too scatterbrained to keep track of what is where in my head. The same needs to go for my sewing table, and it's too hard to do that when I've got more than one thing going. This should also lead to completed projects in a more timely manner, if I'm not starting ten things and never finishing any. In theory, anyway. I'll leave you with the most exciting sewing development in my sewing room lately.
The iron situation has now gone from this....
It's got heft! And efficient steam production! And doesn't leak all over everything! It's no gravity feed, but it's a significant step up. Better iron=better looking final projects=more motivation to sew. More soon!
P.S. So happy that sweater weather is back! I hate winter, but I love sweaters!