July 29, 2013

A Cameraless Blogger is a Sad Blogger...

...especially because I actually have been making progress and have things I want to show you!

I finished a muslin for my steampunk coat, made from Simplicity 2172, and am cranking on the real version for Gen Con.

At the same time, I am making good progress on a pair of khaki Thurlows I cut out ages ago, and have cleaned and reorganized the sewing area in preparation for easier projects after Gen Con is over.  I just  wanted to pop in and say that I'm still here.  I have a wedding to go to for a childhood friend this Saturday, so I will have to rip the entire apartment apart to find that darn charger. Then the posts will come, oh how they will come.  Until then, I hope everyone's summer sewing is going well (or fall sewing if you're one of those people ahead of the game)!

4 comments:

  1. I've been there, totally understand.

    I love the pattern for your coat, it looks like a lot of fun - and a LOT of yardage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is pretty heavy on the yardage, but I think I can get all of it out of fabric I got from my auction haul at the beginning of the year. I already have a black corset to wear under it, so I just have to do the coat and skirt.

      Delete
  2. I feel for you about the camera :(
    I'm interested to see your coat Steampunk designs are always so cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is extra annoying that it's the charger cord, so I have the camera itself, but just can't use it. Yeah, there are always some really super awesome steampunk costumes at Gen Con, which is where I'm going. Maybe I'll post some of the pics on here when I get back.

      Delete