April 10, 2013

Me-Made May 2013!




It's that time of year again!   'I, Alicia of sewingforreallife.blogpost.com, sign up as a participant of Me-Made-May '13.  I endeavour to wear at least one handmade or refashioned garment for 4 days a week for the duration of May 2013.'

Last year, I fell off the wagon for this challenge partway through, and that was only trying to do 3 days a week.   Why do I think I can do better this year?  The addition of the Renfrew as my first real Tried and True pattern means I have several nice quick tops I can throw on in a hurry and still be me-made.  I'm also not going to get too worked up about the picture taking this year; following the challenge itself is more important, and sometimes last year I wouldn't wear me-mades if I didn't think I had time to take a picture.  Some of the sewing in this month's goals would be a big boost, as having bottoms as well as tops that are me-made gives me a lot more flexibility.  I'm also hoping the refashioned part will come into play, as I've got a few reconstructions that are slowly making their way to the front of my mental queue.

In other news, today is my last day in New Orleans, and of course my poster session is the very last thing we do tonight, then we leave early tomorrow morning.  I've eaten more delicious food here than on any other vacation in my life, and would love to come back here with my BF someday, instead of with my labmates.  Hopefully the time "off" (it is still a work conference, after all) will give me enough of an emotional boost to push through the end of the semester.  I'm off to enjoy some sunshine, but when I get back I promise there will be a bunch of my backlogged posts, with pictures.  :)

2 comments:

  1. I was not exaggerating about the food, was I? Oh how I love NOLA.

    The picture taking part of MM months is a bit scary to me too. I'm not a great photographer and it is a lot of work. But... photography isn't the goal of the project so you're wise to let that aspect slack and wear a me-made anyhow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, you sure weren't! I know that the participating in MMM as a community kind of requires the pictures, but as long as I know I did it, I think that's good enough. And who knows, maybe I'll suddenly be able to wake up earlier and get ready with plenty of time to snap pictures before I leave every day! :p

      Delete