March 3, 2013

February Wrap-Up and March Goals

It's that time again.  Time to assess what I accomplished this month and what I want to do next month.  The combination of February being a short month and also having grad student recruits for two of the weekends (including Sunday, my usual day off) means not a lot of progress was made, but I think I did alright with the time constraints I had.

From last month:
1. Thurlows.  Make some progress.  For realsies. - IN PROGRESS.  For this one, I'm deliberately choosing to be loose with my definition of "some progress." 
2.  Make a wearable muslin of the Vogue 8379 dress out of black knit and make any needed pattern adjustments for the next version -NOT EVEN TOUCHED. Honestly, a lot of the motivation for this one kind of depended on the happy warm spring starting.  We got 3-4 inches of snow yesterday.  Just not dress weather yet.  

This is not to say that I didn't get any crafting done whatsoever.  I made two fabric infinity scarves from leftover pieces of fabric (woo stashbusting!), and have made lots of progress on a crocheted blanket I'm working on for a friend. 

For this month, I'm taking a different approach.  This month has seen a lot of family-related emotional turmoil for me, and I'm having a hard time getting motivated to do much of anything.  To help combat this, my goal for this month is to try to look better every day. I would say fabulous, but I really mean "like I put in any effort at all".  Taking a little time to look a little nicer in the mornings always seems to trickle down into the rest of the day.  So my March sewing goal is going to play into this.  I want to contribute one garment into my wardrobe that I feel fabulous in.  Something I can reach for when I need a pick-me-up and know that it's going to help me through the day.  Which is a lot to ask of a garment, but I think a really favorite garment can do that for you.  It's not to say that I only want to get one garment done this month, but if that's what it takes, so be it. 

I've got a couple more posts in the works and I'll finally be able to take enough pictures since I bit the bullet and got a new memory card, so keep an eye out for that!  

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there! There are times that it seems adding bit of lipstick or mascara might be about the only thing close to 'caring for yourself' -- but in the end, it does usually brighten the day a bit.
    Having recently gone through a slump (in life) I've recently purchased some very light woven cotton with a touch of polyester, which I hope to make into four spring/summer jackets that can be thrown on, accessorized (or not) and will add not only ease to my morning dressing, but perhaps something bright and joyful! Of course, I've the material and the patterns, but haven't put pins to paper yet, nor scissors to cloth... guess it's going to be April's project now! Maybe I'm waiting for the same type of 'spring' weather to inspire me. Dark, cloudy, wet and cold just doesn't...

    ReplyDelete