May 2, 2012

March/April Recap and May Goals


I expected to be able to get back into sewing after my seminar, but I never expected I could be so productive!  I completed every goal I set for myself this month (and a half), with the exception of finishing a UFO.  Which only means I need to set more ambitious goals for May, right? I think I’ve done that, and we’ll see how these go. 
 
  • Obviously, stick to my goal for Me-Made-May: wear one handmade garment 3 times a week, blogged at least once a week.
  • Make a dress.  I love seeing all the dresses other bloggers make, and going into summer, this is the perfect time to make at least one dress.  My boss is the queen of throwing on a knit dress and being ready to go, so I know it can be done.  This is likely to be the maxi dress (eternally in the pattern alteration stage), or Simplicity 2145.
  • Make 3 tops.  I think I’m going to need this one just to make it through Me-Made-May.  I’ve got a couple of possible patterns, but no good fabric lined up for them yet.  I’d really like to make some nice woven blouses, but don’t know if I should just knock out some knit tops instead.  Leaving this one pretty open for now…
  • I’m going to leave one refashion and one UFO on here, because I’ve still got several of both sitting around.
That seems like plenty for what will be a busy month, what with the end of the semester and all. So this isn't completely a pictureless post, I'm including a shot of my container herb garden.  I have a record of killing plants, but we'll see how long I can keep this one alive.



No comments:

Post a Comment