March 1, 2012

"One lousy skirt?"...


                                                                                                                                                                     
…is what I thought when I looked at Blogger and saw how long it’s been since I posted.  All I have to show for it is one skirt?  But it’s a good one, that I have already worn out and about, so that’s a start, right?  Also, I have to cut myself a little slack.  I am slap-bang in the middle of one of my Ph.D. program requirements; one of the ones where if you fail, they can kick you out of the program.  Yeah. 

      So this little green skirt served several purposes for me.  One, it was something to practice sewing with corduroy before I tackle the corduroy jacket I have in the “To-Do Queue” (I’m too clever for my own good sometimes ;) ) Two, it cleaned out a random piece of stash that would be too small for anything else. Three, it gave a warm(er) winter skirt, as opposed to all the cute summery skirts I’ve made that have no place in Wisconsin in February.  It fulfilled all three tasks admirably.  What it did not do was photograph well.  Ah well, nothing’s perfect.
Trust me; even with the blurry arm this was the best of the bunch...
     It’s made from the basic Built By Wendy skirt pattern from the first book, with a total of two inches added to accommodate my gigantor hips (The day when I break down and buy a Sewaholic pattern is not far away…).  Of course, I forgot to add said inches to my facings, so we will not be seeing any pretty pictures of the inside this go-round because it looks a bit of a mess, to say the least.  I am pretty proud of my nearly-invisible zip in corduroy(which I apparently have no picture of); now I just have to hope it holds up.  

    This time, I'm not going to mention what I'm working on now, in hopes that it will work some magic reverse psychology and mean it gets finished quickly.  Hope everyone's getting excited for some spring sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment