March 16, 2012

Finding my colors


     So, we have these lovely things in Madison called Little Free Libraries.  They look like oversized birdhouses, and the idea is that you put a book in, take a book out.  I’m a big reader and love the idea of anything like this that encourages literacy, so I generally end up just putting books in and never taking any out.  But the other day, I spotted “Color Me Beautiful” and decided to pick it up on a whim.  I know that now it sort of seems like a joke, but when I looked through it, the colors they show for my season and the quiz they have you take on what you wear now were sort of eerily accurate.  So I’m going to try to take it into consideration, at least.  Not in a belligerent “thou shalt not wear colors outside your season” sort of way, but just try some of the colors that are supposed to be good that I don’t wear now and see what I think.  

          Has anyone else tried finding “your” colors, either when it was a big thing, or since?  Is there a whole contigent of ladies secretly hiding their Summer swatches when they go out to shop?  

          In real life news, on Thursday I gave a seminar I’d been writing for the last three weeks of the do-well-or-you're-kicked-out-of-the-program variety, and I feel like such a weight has been lifted off my shoulders!  So more sewing should be coming soon (because doing more than nothing should be easy…)  Hopefully everyone’s enjoying the spring weather, or in our case the freakishly hot weather.  Seriously, last year it was still snowing at this time, and now it’s 80°F?  Ah, well.  I do love the longer days after Daylight Savings Time kicks in.  Happy sewing!

1 comment:

  1. I love that book! It helped me realize why I can't wear black next to my face and not look like the undead. I thought everyone was supposed to automatically look chic and put together in black - not so for me. I am most defintiely an autumn and thankfully I love all the colours that go along with that season. However, if I really want to wear some non-autumn colours, I will - but, I don;t tend to wear them right nest to my face.

    The best part is that when I fabric (or clothes) shop, I can narrow down the multitude of choices to just "my" colours. Makes life easier!

    ReplyDelete