I am still here, though I am a walking incubator for some sort of nasty cold. (Thank goodness for Dayquil is all I can say.) As such, I have no sewing to show, but a few random sewing related thoughts to share.
- · I am still sticking (more or less) to the sewing 30 minutes in the morning thing, and it’s done wonders for my productivity.
- · Unfortunately, said productivity is not in any cohesive direction. I’ve got at least 3 projects in progress at the moment.
- · Made my first order from Fashion Sewing Supply yesterday; here’s hoping the interfacing is everything it’s made out to be.
- · Now that Kwik Sew is under the McCall’s umbrella, I’m seriously considering joining Club BMV. I know they’re not super stylish, but there are a lot of KS patterns I want, and they are never on sale.
- · I finally got fed up with having an overstuffed closet and nothing to wear, so I’m trying to get rid of things that I know don’t fit/ are too worn for public wear as I encounter them. I’m just afraid there will be nothing left!
- · Because I’m sentimental, all my college t-shirts from said closet purge are going in a pile to make a snuggly t-shirt quilt. Boring sewing, but I think it will be worth it.
- · I need to finish something so I can show off my newly permed hair (well newly as in after Christmas). My grandma was a hairdresser and firmly believes that everyone should get a perm once in their life, just to see “how the other half lives”.
I think that’s enough for now. In non-sewing related news, my baby sister starts rehab today, so thinking good thoughts for that. Hopefully I’ll have more to share soon!