January 5, 2012

A Little Light Reading...


Happy New Year everyone!  I hope everyone had a great holiday season, but as usual I’m almost relieved to be getting back to a normal routine again.  Personally, I had a fabulous holiday, complete with over a week of days off due to not going home for Thanksgiving.  So to the burning question: did I sew anything fabulous with all these days off?  Of course not!  I didn’t finish a thing.  Instead, I spent my days watching Barney and playing absurd amounts of ring-around-the rosie with my 3-year-old niece, and I don’t regret a minute of it.  Some things are more important than sewing.  

Which isn’t to say that I didn’t think about sewing at all.  Between Santa, bookstore gift cards, and the generosity of Karen of Sewing By the Seat of my Pants, I had plenty of sewing related reading to do.  Can you guess what my New Year’ s goal is? 

Now that things are settling back down a bit, I find myself really wanting to sew.  I’m at the point (finally) where my Sunday Joann’s trips have yielded a solid stack of about 5 or 6 projects for which I have at least the main fabric and the pattern, so I can at least start on all of them.  So now it's time to stop talking and start sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment