January 28, 2012

Best Laid Plans....


So I do actually have some sewing done; I’ve only got the bottom hem left on B5644, but I ran out of matching thread.  What I do have is an accidental vintage machine acquisition.  I’d heard good things about vintage machines, but right now the budget had no room for anything like that.  Also I haven’t had anything yet that my Brother just couldn’t handle.  But there was a definite draw.  So when I saw on Swap.com someone in Madison that was just giving away a 70’s Kenmore, no strings attached, you know I was all over it.  
My new (old) Kenmore 1227

 It even came with the original manuals, and two additional feet.
I've tried sewing on it for a bit, and the stitches form just fine.  But the darn thing is so loud!  I can't tell if it's just the way it is or if it is grinding; a bit more investigation is needed. If nothing else, it's pretty to look at.  Has anyone else had experience with this series of machines? 

No comments:

Post a Comment