October 27, 2011

Scrappy Rug and A Picture That Says It All

So here’s the scrappy locker hooked rug that’s taken up all my time for the last week or so, and for good reason.  It was a birthday present for my mom who visited last weekend, for her birthday which was at the end of September.  She saw my rug like this and specifically requested one, so I couldn’t say no (not that I would want to-my mom is the most giving lady ever!)

 Since that’s over with though, I’ve got new mojo born of enforced time away from sewing.  I’ve got pants muslin #2 finished, and unfortunately I think this pants pattern and I will have to part ways.  I know Built by Wendy is marketed to younger sewists, which explains the really low rise, but apparently all younger sewists also fit into a size 12 RTW.   So instead of fighting a pattern that is really not made to fit me, I’m scrapping the whole idea and switching to Butterick 5682 , which actually comes in my size, and doesn’t look like it has the super low waist.  I have khaki twill fabric and this is a jeans pattern, but I think if I use the trouser style it should be fine. So we’ll see how that goes.  I’m done with the FBA on the Kwik Sew 3338 I made up before, so at the moment it’s still “learn how to fit time” at my house, but it’s more progress than has been seen in the last few weeks.  (Sad, I know.)

Everything that's been going on sewing wise around here can be summed up in this picture of my kitchen table: There's the altered Kwik Sew sitting with the next fabric I'm going to make it up in, the Butterick jeans pattern in the process of being cut out, and the kitty doing whatever she can to make it all more difficult. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment