September 8, 2011

I'm Still Here...

So I have been sewing, just nothing to show for it yet.  I made a muslin of Simplicity 2594 and just wasn't in love with it.  Instead of looking blousy, it just looked like a sack on me.  I will need to make some adjustments, and find a drapier fabric, as the one I wanted to use will definitely not work.  So I've put it aside for now and will come back to it soon.  At the moment, I am looking at Butterick 5285,  an easy skirt with pockets.  Hopefully another one that can do double duty for me.

In addition, a lot of my time has been spent working on a locker hooked rug for my mom for her birthday.  Google locker hooking and there are tons of videos on what it is.  It's a great way to use up even some of the smallest scraps, and I love when other people want them because I have too many rugs already.  Basically I get to give my scraps away and someone else gets a present out of it.  Win-win.

The other news is a little sad.  My lovely BF decided to do the laundry and threw my wrap skirt in with a hot wash.  You can see where this is going.  Luckily, I lost mostly length and not a ton of width.  I think I can save it by putting in a zipper and making the ties just decorative, which might actually be a better setup for work anyway.  So you'll probably (hopefully) see that rework soon.

I'm planning a pretty intense JoAnn's run on Saturday.  The BF and I have been "earning" spending money through working out, so I've got a limited budget, but am armed with lots of coupons and some pretty awesome sales are going on.  Just have to make it through the first week of teaching to get there. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment